- 1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
- 2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
- 3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
- 4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
- 5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer.
- 6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.
- 7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
- 8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).
- 9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
- 10. Wal-Mart has approximately 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are SuperCenters; -- 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
- 11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population was approximately 6.5 billion shortly after noon today).
- 12. 90% of Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.
Do you see something wrong with this picture? This is a monopoly. The Congress split up AT&T which was one of the dumbest things in a list of dumb things Congress has done in over 200 years, yet they turn their heads when it comes to Wal-Mart. Considering the overall income for Wal-Mart, they reportedly give a paltry sum to political parties. Even the Walton sons give a small percentage politically.
So my question is: Where does all of Wal-Mart's money go?